Subject: [Leica] OT Firewire 800 daisy chain speed question
From: len-1 at comcast.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Tue Jul 22 12:09:53 2008

The preferred thing would be to run the FW800 and the FW400 devices
in their recommended ports. In the case of a hard drive running FW800
at a sustained transfer speed of 50MB/sec, using the FW400 port can
drop it to around 40MB/sec.  I'm not sure how noticeable this would
be but I prefer to have everything optimized.

Len