Subject: [Leica] About Easing into LeiCanon Photography
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Tue Jul 22 12:31:32 2008

Gene,
exactly my experience too - the 20D is rubbish to focus with WA lenses,
macro lenses are only useful with a 2x magnifier for the VF. But it
works great with anything 200 mm and over.

For really WA stuff, I can only really recommend the Tokina 12-24 Zoom,
a brilliant piece of optical engineering.

FC adapters are ok if you don't rely on them too heavily (only use them
with the lens wide open) and refuse to confirm the focus when very close up.

Funny thing is, I have a Canon 60mm AF Macro lens - the manual tells you
to use it MF to get the best results.
Strange logic.
Cheers
Douglas