Subject: [Leica] Gorgeous Sailing Weather; Great Boat -OT
From: r.s.taylor_post at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Mon Jul 28 18:54:39 2008

Craig - When the J24 came out it became my #1 wish to own one.  Sad to
say, when "I tried one on" I discovered I couldn't sit up in the cabin
(I'm a tall guy) and that ended that.  I wanted a boat I could race
and overnight on and the J24 just didn't fit (literally - sorry for
the pun).

Maybe not a good choice...  I've chartered one a few times since and
had a ball sailing it.
It's a wonderful boat and fast, fast, fast!  Unfortunately, I
understand it fell prey to a problem that got other nominally "tightly-
controlled" one-designs and ended up as a money sink if you wanted to
race competitively. Custom keels became essential, etc, etc...

A wonderful sailer, nevertheless, and that J160?  ... a definite
object of boat lust - as bad as any Leica, to get back on topic.

Regards,

Dick