Subject: [Leica] Grand Canyon Hike
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Fri Aug 1 17:51:54 2008

Tina,
In 3rd grade (I'm 53) our teacher read the book "Bright Angel" to us. It was
about the mule the Bright Angel trail is named after. I still remember how
entrhalled I was with that book's story.
I believe the Bright Angel Ranch is still at the trail head.
I've always wanted to go down the trail on a mule. They still do it and
provide a couple of overnight options. My understanding is that it is an
amazing ride on very special mules with incredible footing. And they carry
all your gear without complaint!
That's what I'd opt for, new knees or knot :-)
Bob
?Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com