Subject: [Leica] Aussie photographers are richer than Americans apparently
From: jviiret at gmail.com (Justin Viiret)
Date: Sat Aug 2 17:03:12 2008

Hi Geoff,

That's what I've found, too -- and you can't buy it online from the
Adobe USA store, either.

When I originally bought my copy of Lightroom 1, I found that an
online retailer here in Oz was able to sell me a boxed version of the
release for just over half what Adobe were charging for the download
direct from them -- so I bought it that way, though I would have been
much happier to download it directly if there had been something even
_close_ to price parity. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to
do the same thing for the upgrade, as I doubt they're selling
shrinkwrapped upgrade packages. For the moment I'm sticking with what
I've got.

The usual problem with living in a vastly smaller market, I guess. :(

jv