Subject: [Leica] Retrieving a leader
From: glehrer at san.rr.com (Jerry Lehrer)
Date: Tue Aug 5 14:33:10 2008

Gene

You are completely mistaken or have neglected to read all the messages.
OR you only have a Hassy-Fuji Wide'
OR maybe a Kine Exacta, Robot or other camera that uses
cassette-to-cassette loading.

Jerry

grduprey@mchsi.com wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> It sure does on all of my 35's.
>
> Gene

> From: Jerry Lehrer <glehrer@san.rr.com>
>
>> Geoff,
>>
>> Sorry, but the "rotating film spool" does not engage the film advance
>> mechanism on any of my cameras
>> only the rewind mechanism.  Now if I had a Hasselblad-Fuji Wide, it would.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

>> Geoff Hopkinson wrote:
>>
>>> Jerry, translated to pedantic Engineer speak, that would be the keyed
>>> centre
>>> shaft of the rotating film spool that engages the film advance mechanism.
>>> Sheesh ;-)
>>> Alternatively, Yama might have tried the classic approach beloved by
>>> visiting alien ambassadors "Take me to your leader"
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Geoff
>>> http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Retrieving a leader)