Subject: [Leica] Experience with Apple?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Tue Aug 5 18:58:49 2008

Couple of years ago my sister got a sweet deal on a new powerbook, so
she gave me her "old" (about a year) one.

It took me about two weeks to become absolutely certain that she had,
once again, been smarter than I.

She gave the damned thing away.

I, not so wise, accepted it.

(I learn from my mistakes, though; when *I* gave it away it went to
someone across the country --- and he got a return address that
doesn't resolve, so he CAN'T send it back.)

My best read on the thing was that it was designed by a guy who wrote
questing games on the side - there is only one acceptable way to do
any task, and there will be no logical relationship between the task
and the way you MUST go about it.

I kept wanting to just get to a prompt and type "xyzzy" to see what
happened.... but there wasn't any way to get to a prompt.

No más.  NUNCA.
--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com