Subject: [Leica] Micro 4/3rds and Leica M
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu Aug 7 15:30:24 2008

> Hello Luggers,
If you look at the specs for the Micro 4/3rds system in the dpreview
article M lenses would easily fit on the camera via an adaptor ( upon
which I am sure some Chinese entrepreneur is already diligently
working in his Shanghai garage). With live view you would have no
parallax framing problems and could view 100% of the image. I know, I
know, this is no substitute for the traditional rangefinder viewfinder
but it could prove useful and entertaining to use. And if the micro
body were, say, US$1000, it could satisfy the desire for a digital CLE
without cannibalizing M8 sales (too much - maybe - since the cheap
camera won't have the traditional rangefinder viewfinder). The numbers
-  4/3rd Micro flange back distance - 20mm (M flange back distance
27.95mm - lots of room for an adaptor). 4/3rd Micro Lens mount
diameter 44mm (M mount 40mm - again lots of room to fit in any M lens.
In my opinion the deal breaker will be how good the EV viewfinder is.
That was a very bad part of the original Panasonic LC1 / Leica Digilux
2 which was otherwise a very capable and easy to use camera (in good
light). Food for thought - isn't it?
Howard
(hot on Pender Island today)

Replies: Reply from tomschofield at comcast.net (Tom Schofield) ([Leica] Micro 4/3rds and Leica M)