Subject: [Leica] Monitor Question
From: alex at zabrovsky.com (Alex)
Date: Fri Aug 8 04:49:08 2008

I'm on the same crossroad as well now, replacing my CRT with a new LCD.
After some quite extensive research and bearing our local available
selection, I made up my mind for 22" EIZO. NEC are also sound to be
excellent pushing their IPS panel technology which is known to be one of
the best on the market for graphic work. Lacie and EIZO are well known
in professional graphic crowd, though last few years NEC are also well
accepted there. What is improtant is their excellent calibration
abilities and maintaining their tuned performance up for a long time
even under heavy workload (long working hours), consistan quality.
Obviously comes at price...these brands are usually notably more
expensive then their counterparts in consumer market. (My choice of
particular 22" EIZO LCD will cost me more then twice as much as
similarily sized common LCDs well regarded among gaming crowd).
Read up reviews on the models of your choice, there are plenty of these
online for common models/brands, though less for more
professional-oriented ones.

Good luck, Alex