Subject: [Leica] Wrist pain ergonomics
From: rsphotoimages at comcast.net (rsphoto's email)
Date: Wed Aug 13 04:08:21 2008

Mark:

Please be really, really careful about NSAIDs.  Ibuprofen and aspirin
can become deadly for some folks.

Took all that stuff for years, never a problem.  I mean, like, never.

Then I developed an allergy to all NSAIDs (and asthma - never had
that, either...) in my early 60's;  local Fire Department 911 tube in
my throat from one aspirin.  Ride to Emergency in the big dually-tired
van in the middle of a snowstorm.

Who knew?

Also avoid anything to do with most salicylates (like Willow Bark/
Aspirin derivatives).

This can also include Torodal, a prevalent IV/IM-administered pain
killer commonly prescribed by docs in many ER/s.  It's an NSAID and
can be deadly once you develop the allergy to NSAIDs.  Found that out
the hard way in ER at my local VA Hospital late one night.

Now I get to carry one of those emergency stab yourself in the thigh
gadgets in case I go into NSAIDs shock.  And "Allergic to all NSAIDs"
in big letters on all my Patient Info for all to see, just in case.

No fun but can be life-saving; up to me (you /anybody) to educate
their doctor/nurse/local fire department so they don't inadvertently
make things worse while trying to help you.

I'm not saying this is you but I am saying you oughtta Google NSAIDs
Allergy and learn more about it for future use.  I did and it's saved
me a buttload of grief.

Later.

Bob