Subject: [Leica] Fakes
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Aug 13 11:15:23 2008

All this over concern about fakery is quite amazing because it's in China
and they're supposed to be the "bad guys!" Well OK in the eyes of some
others!

Heck cheating, political crap and all the other dirty dealings have been
going on almost since the Olympics began.

The only reason it's so obvious is. the Chinese haven't been smart enough to
hide it as well as other nations and athletes of those nations for years.

How about the good old USSR in the days of swimming when they injected air
into the rectum of their swimmers bloating them up to give more buoyancy?
Supposedly making them swim faster?

A lot of this stuff is known and big messy stories made out of it because
the media are always looking for sensationalism and not the plain old
fashion excitement of the sport!

Part of this is media money driven only because the world has become one big
back yard of communications and making money!  Yep they've all got the
right.

But if they'd concentrate on the sports and forget the political BS flag
waving crap one nation and leadership over another along with the morons
attempting to demonstrate, that has absolutely nothing to do with who set
the world record, it would be worth reading and watching!

Quite frankly I haven't seen many comments "about the photography" being
published? How do you guys and gals rate it? Good, bad or ugly? Have there
been any that sucked the air out of your guts with the biggest WOW you've
ever seen?

Because having been to many international games since 1968, not just the
Olympics, I've always been driven to shoot the best damn sports pictures
possible rather than concerned who used computer fireworks, lip sync or
other fuzzy wuzzy tricks.

Like get over this stuff because that's the way the world is and all the
whining, bitching etc here isn't going to change it! Yep you've a right to
your opinions so flail on!

However, "We are photographers aren't we?" Well then lets talk about the
photography and to hell with the rest of the stuff!

ted

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Fakes)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Fakes)