Subject: [Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Aug 14 16:12:23 2008

At 06:41 PM 8/14/2008, you wrote:
>>Me too. iView/Expression seems to be going nowhere at the moment. The
>I haven't tried it lately, but one problem with using Lightroom as a
>main cataloging application (was/is?) that it objected strenuously
>to having items moved. iView is a lot better in that regard; it's
>very easy to reconnect catalogs to moved media.
>

>--
>    *            Henning J. Wulff

If Lightroom can't find the file, there is a little question mark in
the upper right corner.  Right click on it and you have the option of
showing LR where the file has been relocated.  It is smart enough to
figure out that all of the other questioned files will probably be in
the same place.  I'm trying to reorganize everything based on Peter
Krogh's DAM system but using LR instead of Bridge.  I never liked
Bridge.  I'm also replacing iView with LR.  When I tried to open my
biggest iView catalog last week, it was corrupt and wouldn't
open.  The fact that it won't show DNG photos, and the ability of LR
to show 1:1 previews, has pretty much convinced me to give up on iView.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Is Lightroom 2.0 Really Shipping?)