Subject: [Leica] Tell the TRUTH!!!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 16 11:26:25 2008

Charlie I've been a photographer since the mid 70's;
And I can tell you that in any photography I've done or am aware of AF has
never been a defining feature. Much of my gear has ALWAYS been manual focus
and will remain so. Half the time with the stuff I've been using over the
past years, Nikon digital, I'm using lenses in Manual focus mode.
I bet I'm not the only one.
Often when I turn off the AF it comes as a relief and I can work more freely
and quickly not haveing to reposition every shot or constantly manipulate
where the focusing is going to be. In manual mode it all happens in a flash
I'm focused on just what I want to be focused on and framed as well.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner