Subject: [Leica] teachers with guns
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun Aug 17 16:46:47 2008

Quoth the slobodan dimitrov :

> Truly a catch 22 between personal and collective principles.
> S.

It's not so difficult, actually.  A few years back the state motto
was quietly and informally changed from "Friendship" to "Lookin' out
for No. 1."

If you want the majority of Texans to dig in their heels and go for
their guns (of which we have a frightening surplus), tell them
someone is coming to take something away from them. Doesn't matter
who's coming, doesn't matter what they want.  Just Someone's Coming
to Take Something Of Yours.  This doesn't have to be a realistic
threat, it doesn't have to sound plausible, it doesn't even have to
be physically possible.  Someone's Going To Take Something Of Yours
Unless You Stop Them.

No, we won't join the electrical grid because we might wind up having
to send energy OUT, and it's OURS - we generated it here from our
very own coal.

Yes, we'll join up and go to war, because if we don't the Grand Army
Of Liechtenstein (6 yeomen with broadbill pikes and poignards, four
boy scouts with pocket knives, and a pissed-off wet tabby cat with
pointy feet) will be coming to invade and conquer the  entire United
States as soon as the tide shifts and they can catch a favorable
wind.  Remember _The Mouse That Roared_?  Today's Texans would have
vaporized all of Europe, just to teach a lesson.

Don't Mess With Texas. It's Ours and We're Keeping It.

(also:  Cooperation bad, blowing up funny-sounding furriners good -
but we don't talk about that one so much....)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] teachers with guns)