Subject: [Leica] RAID controllers?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Aug 18 15:26:48 2008

I've had a Mac Pro with an Apple RAID card for about a year now. I use it to
drive 3 SATA2 disks in a RAID5 configuration.

I haven't done scientific before-and-after comparisons, but it is rare for
me to be sitting there thinking "Damn, I wish my computer was faster". It
has met my expectations and has not had any problems.

Replies: Reply from datamaster at northcoastphotos.com (Gary Todoroff) ([Leica] RAID controllers? Go with RAID5)