Subject: [Leica] RAID controllers?
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Mon Aug 18 15:42:46 2008

> RAID systems are not recommended by most of the Photoshop gurus that I
> read.

Whereas they are the gold standard recommended by most of the IT gurus with
whom I associate. I think that some clue is required to use them properly,
and in particular a lot of clue is required to recover properly from disk
failure.

I back up my RAID5 array. As Tina said, disks are cheap.

Replies: Reply from ricc at embarqmail.com (Ric Carter) ([Leica] RAID controllers?)
Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] RAID controllers?)
Message from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] RAID controllers?)