Subject: [Leica] Repointing block files to *.sup files
From: ahrager at unlv.nevada.edu (Audrey Rager)
Date: Mon Aug 18 17:00:01 2008

Hi everyone:

I'm new to this list and I'm returning to Remote Sensing after a 5 year
hiatus.

I've got a summer job as an intern.  Our group is in the process of
migrating images and data to a new network server.  I'm told that Leica
Photogrammetry Suite (LPS) uses block files (binary files) that point to
*.sup files (text files) that point to the image files.

My supervisor has run a script to change the path name(s) pointing to the
locations of the images listed in the *sup files. Because the *.sup files
are text files, this was pretty easy.

Now, I need to edit the block files to point to the correct *.sup files.
This cannot be done using the same script because the block files are
binary.  The only solution we see so far is for me to open all the block
files in LPS and repoint them to the new *.sup locations.

There are thousands of these, so I'm really hoping someone out there can
tell of an easier way to do this.

Thanks for your help.

-Audrey

--