Subject: [Leica] M8.. Kurland
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Aug 25 20:54:33 2008

Well Leica is damned for pricing the M8 too high and damned if they discount
it, it seems! Plus reviled for not making it perfect or auto focus or full
frame or a better super high ISO performer or have a 16MP sensor or making
the self timer too easy to set or the body too slippery or choose your own
deficiency. I see nothing ominous nor unsound about reducing stock levels
prior Photokina.
I expect that at least the shutter upgrade may become standard in new
production, maybe with a price rise. I got mine at a discount just prior to
the last announced optional upgrades. Now you can buy it new here for about
16% cheaper again.
I predict the next firmware release (with higher capacity SD card support
and maybe more noise reduction?) will be announced in September.
At least one new wide for it, 16 or 18 and maybe f3.4?
A new Nocti something that costs a gazillion dollars.
I bet it still says M8 on the front and still makes superb photographs.
Oh and a new R with a new AF lens range.
Knowing Alastair he will win at least two of those by next February.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/