Subject: [Leica] PEGOIAW: Storm Warning: Puget Sound, WA
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon Aug 25 21:26:16 2008

Adam, I quite like the slightly toned version (my choice from the two
versions). I don't get too much foreboding mood from either really. I do get
lovely Spartan composition and subtlety, fine reflections and water texture
and tones.
Your choice on not making a minor retouch on that RH post is a curious one.
What did you SEE in your mind?
You have captured the shot, converted it presumably from Raw with contrast,
exposure, noise, sharpening, saturation etc adjustments inherent in that,
then used the Alienskin conversion to render it in monotone with all of the
complex and subtle changes in that process, but you don't want to make a
tiny retouch! Think what Ansel would say ;-)
Yes I know, everyone has their own personal standard. Post more, it's a
great shot.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e