Subject: [Leica] PEGOIAW: Storm Warning: Puget Sound, WA
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Tue Aug 26 08:56:55 2008

At 8:18 PM -0700 8/25/08, Adam Bridge wrote:
>I have two versions of this image, unfortunately sized slightly differently.
>
>I'd be interested in your take on which you like better and why:
>
>The original:
>
><http://www.adam-bridge.com/Images/L1005343-web.jpg>
>
>My revision:
>
>< http://www.adam-bridge.com/Images/L1005343-as-bw-web.jpg
>
>Details: Leica M8 with 35mm sumicron. The 2nd image is processed using
>Alien Skin's B&W conversion software.
>
>Thanks for looking...
>

>Adam
>
>Photographer's note: This was taken this morning before a really nasty
>storm blew in from the Pacific. (We had ducked out of town so we
>missed it. My son was not so lucky.) This is taken at Silverdale, WA
>across the sound from Seattle. Obviously the tide was out and the wind
>had not, yet, begun.

My preference is for the b&w, although at first the cool one appealed
more. Maybe if I look at it again I'll go back. :-)

I would edit that post. This isn't (in my mind) a documentation for
journalistic or historic purposes, but a graphic interpretation.
Would a painter, even one who is into realism have left this post?
Possibly, but probably not.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design