Subject: [Leica] IMG: vise, clouds and tying
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Aug 28 16:41:42 2008

Felt the same about the shoe lace.
Then thought - hey - this is about shoe laces. ;~)
Also, I'm not fond of PS work on documents (perhaps to a fault).
burning down - h-m-m - don't think so - the light tones here work in
the "tonal balance."
When I consider "asymmetrical balance" (which I do probably do too
much - I drilled it into my students) I generally consider it in
terms of:
        tonal (and or color) balance
        shape balance
        focus balance
        line balance
When they all work together - generally the image will appear
visually powerful (even if the subject itself lacks intrinsic power).
?I believe that photography loves banal objects, and I love the life
of objects.? ? Joseph Sudek

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com