Subject: [Leica] IMG: vise, clouds and tying
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Thu Aug 28 16:04:58 2008

George, I find the vise shot tonally interesting as are the lines. My eye is
looking for more sharpness in the knurling whereas you have chosen the
forward corner. I think maybe the pattern repetition in the knurling is what
drags my eye to there, but with the miniscule DoF I struggle a bit to lock
on, if that makes sense.
Fine shapes and very solid composition in the clouds shot, it makes me look
and look. The copyright notice distracts me at the bottom as too prominent.

Delightful subtle skin lighting in the third (and a gorgeous little
sweetie!). I note your disciplined framing (a lesson for me there) and
meticulous composition again for the shapes. The mirrored adult profiles in
the background are cool, as is the detail of the teddy behind. The foot with
shoelace at left distracts a little for me and the drink above. I might try
burning down and softening left lighter area down to the teddy and removing
the lace. Any thoughts on any of that?

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e