Subject: [Leica] Hugo revisited
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Wed Sep 3 17:13:07 2008

Tina

I spent a very windy night about 40 miles from Charleston as Hugo came
ashore. Those were my VW camper days and anyone can attest to their wind
resistance. I was in the city at daybreak and spent a lot of time looking
for damage. I do not recall seeing anything close to what the small cities
and islands near there experienced.

As mentioned, I'm sure insurance claims made the historic district sound
like Bosnia, but it was nothing like Andrew or Katrina. Soon as I get
another film scanner I'll dig out a few images from that trip.

Walt

p.s. Keep your eyes on "Hard Hearted Hanna, the Vamp of Savannah" cause she
may head your way.