Subject: [Leica] Getting into printing.. need advice?
From: weiljr at earthlink.net (joe weil)
Date: Mon Sep 8 07:07:40 2008

  I was in your shoes a couple years back and the only thing that stuck
with me that I have not heard on this thread is that you will always want a
bigger sink. So, get the biggest sink you can afford and that will fit in
your space.   Although, you may have your space already set up.
I got a really large print washer, too large for my space. If you are
buying one, pick the best compromise between print size and washer
footprint.
As for plumbing,  tygon tubing will be your friend especially with zip
ties.  Actually, check your plumbing every so often.  Leaks do happen.
Think about how you want your prints to dry.  Window screens are a nice
idea especially if you can lay them flat and stack them with an inch or so
gap between.  Also saves some space.

I got a LPL/Saunders 4500 enlarger with color head. You can use the Tim
Rudman printing book to dial in the CMY to correspond to the Ilford filter
grades.  Rudman's book is called the Master Printing Book or something
similar and can be found on Amazon for relatively cheap. That is another
nice reference and complement to A.Adams trilogy. Ctein had a book out
called Post Exposure which is also informative.
Have fun,
JW