Subject: [Leica] New M8 firmware
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Sep 9 09:01:29 2008

Alastair Firkin offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] New M8 firmware

>>>As long as the bloody things work: I've just had a 4G card fail at a
wedding: lost over 50% of the images, so perhaps having smaller cards and
lots of them might be not such a bad idea :-(<<<<<

Hi Alastair,

Last week I had a medical shoot for two days and figured it would be easier
to purchase a 4 GIG card and put the works on one card.

When I asked at my local photo shop, the staff only deal with professional
photogs and are right up on the latest digital info.

Immediate response was.. " A 4 GIG card isn't recommended for the Leica M8!"
And that was before she went to check on the internet to verify the
information. She had read about 4 GIG card failures the week before with
Leica M8's, so my question twigged her response immediately. So at the
moment I use 2 GIG but there are times having a 4 or bigger would be great.

 Beat part of this is having store staff more interested in looking after
their clients than making a sale and ticking them off.

However if there's up grade to use larger cards that's fine by me.

Ted

Replies: Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] New M8 firmware)
Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New M8 firmware)