Subject: [Leica] New M8 firmware
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue Sep 9 09:07:44 2008

At 10:35 AM 9/9/2008, you wrote:
>As long as the bloody things work: I've just had a 4G card fail at a
>wedding: lost over 50% of the images, so perhaps having smaller
>cards and lots of them might be not such a bad idea :-(

I've been using the Transcend 4GB cards and the SanDisk 2GB cards and
in hundreds, probably thousands!, of downloads have never had a card
fail.  (Knocking on wood!)  I have heard about failures with Lexar
cards but have never used one of those.  What brand was your card
that failed?  Could you use a recovery program to get the photos
back?  What a nightmare it would be to lose wedding photos!

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com