Subject: [Leica] RE: Eastside
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Tue Sep 9 13:43:39 2008

Dave wrote:
"Oliver: wonderful images! I suppose all you LUGs out there know that the
1939 movie "Gunga Din" was mostly shot on location in the Alabama Hills,
standing in for the Himalayas. Also, parts of 1941's "High Sierra," starring
Humphrey Bogart.
Dave Kinchen"

Dave, thank you for your kind comments. Yes, the main drive through the
Hills is "Movie Road"; the town of Lone Pine hosts an annual movie festival
that reprises films shot in the Hills; every restaurant in town has a
gallery of studio stills on display (and prints for sale); and I made
several of my b&w images (04, 05, 06) within a stone's throw of the plaque
that identifies the location of "The Temple of Gunga Din".
Thanks for looking,
Oliver