Subject: [Leica] IMG:Hybrid Camera
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Sep 10 02:23:05 2008

I think Nippon Kogaku, the company which became Nikon, means "Japanese
Optical". It is said that they started making camera bodies after WWII
because the US occupying administration wanted to close them down, as
they made optics and had made all the wartime bomb sights and
periscopes. They made the lenses for many Japanese cameras makers in
the early days, not just Canon. I have a very old Canon with 50mm f3.5
Nippon Kogaku lens :-) The quality of manufacture is very amateur!
Frank