Subject: [Leica] Will L survive
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Thu Sep 11 11:24:54 2008

In time all questions will be answered.

As far as "no one else doing it:"
The original Leica camera succeeded because "no one else was doing it."
In fact, most innovations succeed because "no one else is doing it."
And, of course, many fail for the same reason.

We will see how this goes in good time.
Predicting disaster is not useful in this case.
Every time quirky Leica does something - disaster has been predicted.
Yet, here they are, continuing to make some very fine, quirky, fun gear.

Eventually these fast wides will appear on the used market a few of
us may, then, have an opportunity to see what we can do with them. Or
not.

Fond regards,
George

george@imagist.com