Subject: [Leica] who is on line for the M8 upgrade?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Sep 12 13:25:28 2008

Eric, I thought that the quieter shutter was worthwhile. However some of
that may be in my mind. I was shooting at a concert and thought that the
re-cocking noise was intrusive. However, asking the next person they had not
heard at all. The extra warranty is worth having though, I think.
On the display, I found that Giottos market a really neat 'Schott' optical
glass screen protector that adheres to the edges. It's well made and adds
virtually no bulk at all. Mine has been on for six months and is in perfect
condition. I think only about $20. Mine was from PopFlash.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/