Subject: [Leica] First Micro 4:3 camera
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Sep 12 23:10:57 2008

It *may be* a telltale sign that the lens say Lumix, rather than Leica-D...

OTOH, someone leaked some pics a couple weeks back of a sleek m4/3
compact with a pancake lens. It caused a lot of initial excitement
until someone translated from the Japanese site that it's an artist
rendition.

HOWEVER, the said artist pegged the 12MP sensor, makes me wonder
indeed how much it is artist rendition or how much is real leak. All
shall be known soon though.

At 10:57 PM 9/12/2008, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Strange no one has mentioned the likelihood of a Leica version of this
>camera.
>One thing Leica does in its copasetic relationship with Panasonic with
>theses cameras is when they do the Leica version it really looks good.
>The Panasonic versions you save money but they look like junk.
>This one looks a bit better but NOT in red or blue.
>Me I've always been one to never care what my photos look like just as long
>as my camera looks good. Then I'm happy.
>I'd always kick in that extra hundred bucks and get the one with the red
>dot. Which would be black. And be outfitted nicely nicely.
>And say "Leica" on it.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] First Micro 4:3 camera)