Subject: [Leica] Lux 21 and 24 Lens Pictures....
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Sep 13 00:16:07 2008

Where there's a slow one too
 LEICA ELMAR-M 24 mm f/3.8 ASPH.
Which is what I wanted in my holiday stocking.
Compact
They seem to be saying that wide open at 3.8 you are already getting your
sharpest specs and then stopping down you're just getting more depth of
field you'd not do that for higher rez.
I had ask for f 4's.
But I'd say a 3.8 is close enough.
If this is for real.

If its not its got me fooled.

Leica quality with no compromises.

ME I don't consider a slow lens it be a compromise in anything.
Its just a 3.8 lens.
Its what you'd pick when you don't need a fast lens and you do need top
quality and a lightweight compact optic.

This is exactly the combination I normally need.
And I think there's a market for it too.
As in lots of other people wanted it too.

The proof is in the pudding and time will tell.
I think this kind of stuff is smart Leica stuff.

In the catalog there was always Both a fast and slow option.
If they're bringing that back I think we'll see that's good for everybody.
And good for the Leica company.

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner