Subject: Drowning men - was Re: [Leica] Surprises at Photokina
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 14 12:31:16 2008

Dante Offered:

improved sensors and VR/IS are better solutions for low light.<<<

Tina Manley in response:

>>>Not for me.I like the shallow depth of field at 1.0.<<<

Hi Tina,

Yep I'm with you girl, the Noctilux if properly handled can hide more
background junk than you can possibly get out of the picture at f. 1.0.

It creates mood or at least adds to the mood of the scene. again if properly
handled and used appropriately.

Sure the digital improvements that go on daily will make us use the Noctilux
in even more locations than previously.

The digital progress in the next few years, now a days maybe months? Will be
beyond our wildest imagination. In ten? Now that's one I'd like to live to
see and be part of! Oh and of course with a Noctilux on an M of some version
that nobody has even posted on their big wish list in the sky! :-)

ted