Subject: [Leica] Maybe by manufacturing tolerances, my 50/1 is really a 50/0.95
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Mon Sep 15 05:27:03 2008

I was pondering the 50/0.95 ASPH that I'll never own.

Maybe by manufacturing tolerances, my 50/1 is really a 50/0.95.

I mean, my shutter tolerance isn't 5%.  Probably more like 20%.

The difference in DOF between the f1 and f0.95 isn't going to be
anything I notice nor can take advantage of.  My best photo so far comes
from a Nikon f/1.1

And unless I win the lottery, it isn't going to be any time soon that I
have the money for the 0.95 ASPH.

I would like to see what the "fingerprint" of the f0.95 ASPH is,
though.  Maybe razor sharp throughout the field at f0.95?

...Vick

Replies: Reply from octabod at gmail.com (Luis Miguel Castañeda Navas) ([Leica] Maybe by manufacturing tolerances, my 50/1 is really a 50/0.95)