Subject: [Leica] Just out! Erwin's View on the new Just out
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Sep 15 13:58:10 2008

The Noct looks Huge for some odd reason till you look a little to the right
and see in on the camera.  Which I'm sure most do. There it looks like a
slimmed down non puffy Noct of old. A Noct Which had forsaken animal fat for
a few months. Walked around the block every morning.
But lean and mean like the clean ASPH movable metal munching machine that it
is. I'm sure Erwin can not wait to hook these puppies up to his testing
devices. "we have ways to make you talk".

Such big glass though; the 1.4's.  Excepting the new slow 24 which looks
like a 35 ASPH on the camera. And is what I wanted for my solstice stocking.
Would not these 1.4 wide angles be more appropriate on a DSLR system?

Giving you a brighter groundglass and a groundless which when shooting wide
open shows you exactly what your getting?
And which does not suffer so much from lack of compactness on the glass you
put in front of it?

mark@rabinergroup.com
Mark William Rabiner