Subject: [Leica] POWER POINT QUESTION?
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Sun Sep 21 16:46:08 2008

Ted,

Like Brian, I use PowerPoint and Apple's Keynote. Keynote is a giant
step up from PowerPoint giving your presentations an almost video like
quality - especially when it comes to transitions. You can also export
your slide show as a video (mov QuickTime file), PDF or as jpgs.

Video projectors are your weak link. Most portable projectors (DLP or
LCD) are limited to SVGA or XGA resolution. Colors are really hard to
standardize - especially reds and  yellows.  Calibration helps but
even this will shift depending upon temperature and age of bulb. I use
a $50,000 projector in a larger lecture hall in a teaching Institute I
manage  for doctors and the images still could be better. Someday
we'll have HD projectors - but not yet for mere mortals. I recommend
image sizes no bigger than 200k per slide. I've found making them
bigger doesn't improve the projected image. Try the same image as a
200k image and again as a 1 mb image. If you don't notice a
difference, go with the smaller size.

I love slide projectors but they don't work with digital files.

Be well,

Richard Clompus
Florida

Sent from my iPhone