Subject: [Leica] Wrist pain ergonomics
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Thu Aug 21 20:04:31 2008

Rob, I too developed carpel tunnel over the past year. Difficult to
pull the clutch in when riding to work on my BMW K1200GT. Hands would
go numb on the ride. You can only ride with one hand for so long
before the other hand goes numb. The pain that came later (wakes you
up at night preventing sleep) put me over the edge. Hand surgery at
Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville cleared up my right hand.  Only out for 8
days. Ready for the other hand to get fixed. Some patients get a few
months relief with a steroid injection but it's not a long term cure.
Pick your surgeon carefully. It makes holding a Canon 5D with 85/1.2
lens a bit difficult.

Best regards,

Richard Clompus, OD
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL (very wet here)