Subject: [Leica] 3.5/50 or 2.0/50
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Tue Sep 23 20:20:40 2008

keep both of them! They both offer completely different qualities when
shot at larger apertures. The Summicron is renowned for sharpness and
is stupendous. A great candid lens with amazing utility. I love mine.
The Elmar just looks different until stopped down. It's an older design
with a few more "flaws" but those just make it that more endearing.
I've had the opportunity to use one on the Leica and really enjoyed
it. I've always wanted one since. I think I'm going to shoot for a
Russian Industar 22 clone and hope I get a good sample. Collapsible
lenses have always been one of those parts of old photography that I've
wanted to own. Just making the camera that much more compact and
pocketable is one more way that I'll want to take the camera with me
and therefore make more photos.

My $.02
Phil Forrest