Subject: [Leica] August 2009 for the S2????
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 24 17:32:04 2008

Steve Barbour offered:

>> shall we guess the price...nahhh...

it might destroy the dream,<<<<<<<<<

Steve,

Naw it wont destroy any dream, it was never a dream in the first place as
all the "announcements have been fairy tales for years." Leaked or
otherwise!

So we've just woke up to another wait time nightmare.

It's no different than every other tale, "we've heard since R8's and motor
drives.!"  Remember R8's with motor drives? ..It became motors???  "They
will be available in 6 months!"

"Oh!  OK thank you, I'm so happy for that announcement given I've sold my
R7's and motors at the same time I ordered my 3 R8's! WITH MOTORS!!! And
paid for them. Oh yeah and the Olympics are on shortly!" Thanks for that
pile of horse pucks!

After the past several months of hype building to Photokina and all the
imaginary bits and pieces to be announced. It surely is just another "Snow
White and the Seven Dwarfs" fairy tale.

Quite frankly not worth the time of day or night to be concerned over and
surely not worth pounding keys over the subject. As long as most folks here
have a camera of sorts they'd be far better off doing the picture taking
thing than banging the keys and their heads over something absolutely no one
here can do anything about anyway!

By the time Leica get their act together, Canon or Nikon will have had a
similar camera and lens on the market for over 8 months! Wiping out the
market! SURPRISE! OH and the Canon price? Half or less than the Leica.

Leica once again will be sucking the hind tit.

I really believe it's not worth the time talking about this any longer.

Good night.

Cheers,

ted