Subject: [Leica] will you ever buy another leica body?
From: philippe.amard at tele2.fr (Philippe AMARD)
Date: Thu Sep 25 11:39:18 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 12:38 PM, red735i@earthlink.net wrote:

>>  R10 required.

Lottermoser George wrote:

> perfect

Agreed - hence the frustration of  R owners, hence R lovers ; what we
got was qualms and near disillusion., not to say more.
<>- I think M users/owners etc. should feel overwhelmed with the latest
offerings - try and buy, and USE the whole lot of wonderful lenses
before the next Photokina starts ...  what a smashing offering it is.
Wonderful ! I sometimes wish my eye was M educated.
- The S line is geared towards pros and newly rich (wealthy?) Chinese
and Russian (would be ?) "photographers". Not us, the US or European
laymen I'm afraid - so I don't really feel included in the collapsing pack.
Yet,  I'd love to have, and USE one for sure.
What's money got to do with it ??? Nothing!  And so much!

As a very, VERY, long time Leica admired, then a later user (1971),  I
DO feel frustated at Leica('s) not coming up with the RnD/SLd that I had
expected.

I think I'll use my money elsewhere now. Could anyone wait longer?
And I fully agree with Ted that we can't live on dreams forever- Ted is
an expert and knows dreams are about politics I guess. He's so right.
What some of us on the list need is stuff that performs as we expect it
to, and deliver the final pix, yes pix, that we saw.

Leica has been and still is the best in so many respects (ISO?).
Yet, in spite of sponsoring an Austrian orchestra, they may not be that
good at putting the whole picture into music, particularly about the R
line, what a mess if you look back over the years...

This is my final comment on this thread.
Bien cordialement, amicalement, and without pretention

(So sorry) Phx (without an SL-D, or even an R9.2-d, or better a DMR Mk II)

PS: Oh yes, to answer the question in the subject line: I sold an R3 MOT
and winder three weeks ago (to a fellow who wanted to go Leica - good
guy), and I bought an R lens last week ( I still have faith in what I
can get from Leica).
So the question is about buying a new Leica body; at once Sir, were it
an SLd, or R10 - yet to be born ... if it is a Leica, and Lehman
compatible .... Gr?sse aus Frankreich.