Subject: [Leica] a serious question
From: grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com)
Date: Thu Sep 25 12:30:43 2008

Phil,

Not sure what all those band aids are, my M8 works just fine right out of
the box, always has and not a single trip for any adjustments etc.  If you
are talking about filters, then yes I do have filters on some of my lenses,
but they are not needed for 95% of the photos taken.  Oh yes, I do remember
that 90% of GB's M photos have been taken with a filter on the lens.  I have
yet to put a filter on my new 21 Elmarit Asph, a 6 bit lens by the way, and
have yet to see any detrimental effects, and I have looked very closely just
to see (And I have lens recognition on all the time, even for older lenses).
 Otherwise my M8 has been terribly reliable and a joy to use.  I guess I
should dump it quick so I can buy a Nikon or Canon... Not going to happen!

And I'm not rich either, a retired Electrical Engineer.

Gene

From: Philip Forrest <photo.forrest@earthlink.net>