Subject: [Leica] IMG: Friday Critter
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Sep 26 09:43:52 2008

Quoth the Tina Manley :

> This critter crawled up on the porch at the farm.  Anybody got any
> idea what it is?
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/Critter1.jpg.html
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/tinamanley/Critter2.jpg.html

Based on

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/2008/07/23/imperial-moth-caterpillar-7/

I'm gonna say I think it's an Imperial Moth Caterpillar.

I'm gonna also say I might be way wrong.

(Thanks for all the good wishes.  They worked. I lost water for a
couple of days and power for four, but had no damage at all.  I was
unspeakably lucky.  I think it's safe to say I will not be inviting
Ike to return to Houston... bloody illmannered guest, he was.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] IMG: Friday Critter)