Subject: [Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sun Sep 28 20:05:19 2008

Quoth the Jan Decher :

>  Is there a Leica list for analog only, classic Leica users, where
> the newest gear is not necessarily the best?

That'd be us. (well, not "analog only" but for damn sure "analog
included")

Welcome aboard, let's talk.

It's THAT time of year again and  we're all drooling over the
potential new toys a lot of us can't afford, can't justify, or value
our loving family relationships too much to buy (imagine a thousand 4-
year-olds with an FAO Schwarz catalog)...  but if you just wipe your
monitor off before you read and give it a couple weeks to settle
down, you'll find probably the greatest living assemblage of analog
rangefinder talent AND general-purpose picturemaking skill in the
world on tap right here, delivered straight to your computer as often
as you like.   (Along with, of course, generous helpings of war
stories, tall tales, and other forms of ... call it "entertainment")

You got questions, we got answers.  You got answers, we got
questions.

(We also got people who can provide Non-Leica advice on Single Malts,
Hats, vintage cars, musical instruments and equipment, stereo
systems, pipes and cigars, other forms of alcohol, boats, trains,
planes, modern musical groups, book publishing, firearms, dogs and
urban kitty rescue, the fine art of levitation, and Dog only knows
what else.  I can also personally contribute an entire range of dumb
looks and smartass comments as needed...)

We don't have a zoologist yet, however, though we DO include some
really fine critter shooters, so there's a place just waiting for
you. (We could probably use an entomologist now and again, too, if
you know any...)

My personal kit includes (among way too many others)  a pair of M4P's
that go with me everywhere (one of which has been carefully trained
not to accept anything but HP5) and a poorly made but much loved Kiev
4AM with FP4 for fun, and pride-of-place-because-newest, a gorgeous
zeroimage 120 panoramic pinhole. (I have a bunch of other stuff I use
when needed.  I don't collect cameras, I just seem to acquire them.)

The darkroom's got a 23c and a 45MCRX (which may be older than I am,
I'm not sure... it's the old battleship grey model)  and a freezer
full of film and paper of various shapes and sizes...

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Replies: Reply from dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] LUG - Way over my budget...)