Subject: [Leica] Re:Scam, but how?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Sep 28 14:46:02 2008

Widespread European scams:

The ring/wallet/banknote job is a typical trick to catch your attention
while someone else steals your wallet/purse/camera bag or whatever.

Similar trick is spilling something (with preference, ketchup) on your
jacket/trousers. While wiping it off they're already in your jacket
pocket or have unfastened and pocketed your watch.

Another is spreading out a tourist map across your table in a cafe so
you don't see them stealing your valuables from on or under the table.

Small children with notes are a typical trick too - bend down to read it
and your valuables are gone.

Department store sales are another place where you get jostled and
robbed (happened to my missus).

What a joy to live in such a day and age ;-)

Douglas