Subject: [Leica] leila, a white siberian husky
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Sep 28 17:29:33 2008

Steve Barbour <kididdoc@cox.net> wrote:

>On Sep 28, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Leonard Taupier wrote:
>
>> Steve,
>>
>> If you sell this lens you will mourn for it forever. I couldn't
>> believe the detail and the perfect focus point and DOF when I saw
>> this photo.
>
>thanks Lens...I'm reconsidering...

beautiful photo of Leila, Steve.

About that lens... according to Leica's head optics designer Peter Karbe the
50 lux ASPH is an APO lens, containing an APO correction element. But, he
thought the idea of an APO 50 was a bit silly so they never put it on the
lens or in any marketing materials.  (source: David Farkas' Photokina blog,
day 2).

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com