Subject: [Leica] IMG: Poison Mushrooms
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Wed Oct 1 06:12:50 2008

Hi Douglas.

It's funny you mention that. I originally took the photos so I could
identify what type of mushroom it was and if it was edible. I spent
about an hour researching the subject which I found fascinating the
more I read. I did not see the Wikipedia article you posted the link
to. That's a really good article. I knew what some fungi have
narcotic properties but not to this extent. And yes I feel a little
more educated now. My father in law, who was from eastern Europe
evidently knew a lot about mushrooms. He would go the the park, in
Linden, New Jersey, maybe three times a week and gather wild
mushrooms for the family. Would I? I don't think so.

Cheers,
Len