Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wedding guest with Leica
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri Oct 3 00:26:23 2008

The aforementioned guest was me.  I brought the M8 along, with 35/1.4
Summilux Asph and 50/2 Summicron.  Doing this renewed my respect for
wedding photographers. Moving targets, high-contrast subjects, the lighting
is what is is (or isn't), and you only get one chance for certain
shots.  And it's not nice to disrupt the ceremony or tackle guests who get
in your way.

Here's my favorite shot, which I deliberately converted to B&W:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004454BubbleDanceBW-w.jpg.html>
Original color:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004454-prf.jpg.html>

Focus not perfect, but I got the expression:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004437-prf.jpg.html>

This was done with flash through glass, again imperfect, but I like it:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004491-prf.jpg.html>

Couldn't have asked for a better day, with great views from the 17th floor
of a downtown Seattle building...
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004496-prf.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004498s-prf.jpg.html>
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004513SoundSunset-w.jpg.html>

A bridesmaid's hidden talent:
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/friends/AndiePeter/L1004509s-prf.jpg.html>

The pro hired for the wedding used two Nikon D3s, with a 24-70 (?) on one
and a 70-200 on the other. He told me he had just sold his M6 because he
simply didn't shoot film any more. I did not envy the weight he had to
carry, but I did envy his clean ISO 6400 and follow autofocus.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Chris Williams) ([Leica] Re:IMG: Wedding guest with Leica)
Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] IMG: Wedding guest with Leica)