Subject: [Leica] 1975 BMW 2002 at Southampton
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Sat Oct 4 20:48:53 2008

Congrats on another great "A Car and His Driver" set, Mark.  This one
brought back memories.  One of my best friends, and best man at my wedding,
was a symphony clarinettist named Mark K. A wonderful guy, sadly not with
us anymore.  He had an older Beamer 2002, sort of flesh-colored, that he
lovingly maintained.  I remember riding in it with him driving at 90 mph,
having alternate feelings of "are you [expletive] crazy?" and "it doesn't
get much more fun than this."  At Mark K's wedding, one of his friends told
a story about Mark driving himself and a couple of musicians to Tanglewood
at 100mph when they left late.  They made it on time.

I don't have that affinity for cars, but I can appreciate those who do
(hey, I shoot Leica, right?).

--Peter