Subject: [Leica] Loss....
From: bjq1 at mac.com (Barney Quinn)
Date: Mon Oct 6 05:10:46 2008

Adam,

I am sorry for your loss. Thank you for posting your thoughts and
feelings and thank you for the reminder. This is a lesson I keep
trying to learn but somehow never do. The time to tell the people
whom you love that you love them is today, and the time to make a
portrait of them is this instant. I remember something from years ago
when I was a young man. My 84 year old grandfather came over for
dinner. We sat around the dining room table for hours listening to
him tell stories. I was a broadcast engineer at the time. I kept
telling myself that I should really go upstairs and get my tape
recorded. I never did because I was just too far into enjoying his
stories. A few days later he was dead. He always said that all he
wanted in life was a great grand child. My cousin Chuck and his wife
had their first child later that week. My Grandpa had the great grand
child whom he wanted. He was life was complete, at least in his eyes,
and very soon after he died of a massive heart attack. I still regret
not having those stories on tape. I am convinced that the evening of
stories he graced us was his way of saying good bye. I think he knew.
He'd lived as long as he cared to live. Long years later I still wish
I had a recording.

I know exactly what you mean. Perhaps we should all start a group
project. Perhaps we should all start making and posting pictures of
those we love. Perhaps it would even make a good blurb book. If each
of us doesn't have an I love you Book we should at least have an I
love you gallery.

Barney