Subject: [Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Oct 10 08:06:36 2008

Vick.. you hit on the reason I started this thread..... we are all getting
older.  It is seemingly impossible for "us" to carry the stuff we used to,
even a few years ago.  So what to bring and what to leave behind?   What
matches the trip?  What does not?

While we are all individuals with individual "seeing", there are some thing
that just do not work.  ( My examples of long lenses on the Oregon/N.Cal
coast).  Now someone will counter, and will ahev made some wonderful images
along the Oregon coast with a long lens.  Does this means carrying a 3 pound
lens for 2 weeks, because there MIGHT BE a good shot along the trip is a
good idea...?  Is your shoulder/back/neck worth the chance?

Let's all try to contribute to what (generally ) does not work.... and
why.....  We all have experiences.....

BTW, the reason I go into M Leicas was because my Nikon F4 + Backup 8008 +
3-4 Lenses was just too heavy for me.  The equivalent M system is 1/2 or
less of the weight and volume.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Oh, my story this vacation was that I think I screwed up my left shoulder
slinging the camera bag off my right side for 2 weeks.  Ten years ago, my
body wouldn't even have noticed.  This year, I had a mysterious pain
on/under/at my left shoulder blade since returning home at the end of
August, and it is only now that I feel that it is "cured".  As I sit at this

table and type, I still sense a bit of it.

While I love the brass and glass of Leica lenses, I think I'll be slinging
around fewer of them on trips and will be more careful of the selection, to
match "the trip".

...Vick

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?)
Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] Vacation Camera Lenses: What did NOT work?)